Monday, December 3, 2012

You Can Only Have One Hobby (in other words...I quit)

I am the third of three girls. This is both a blessing and a curse when it comes to motherhood. The blessing: plenty of good advice on everything from diaper rash to hair accessories. The curse: plenty of "just you waits."

Maybe it's because I'm stubborn or maybe it's because I think I know better than everyone else or that I'm different than everyone else, but sometimes when I get a "just you wait" I ignore it and do what I want anyway thinking, "Oh, come on! It can't be that bad." So a few years ago when my oldest sister had her third child, she said to me one day when running,

"[after three kids] You can only have one hobby."

And guess what? As with most "just you waits" I'm given, she was right. I know that there will be a day when I once again have the time to dabble in all sorts of outside interests of my own, but currently I have a school-aged child, a pre-schooler, and a new toddler (who by herself takes up 60% of my daily energy with head bonking).

So it is with sadness that I need to quit writing for this little blog that could. Where to begin? This blog has been fun at times, painful at times, a needed diversion many times, and mostly a fun way to get my thoughts out in writing. It got me through a pregnancy, a birth, two big moves, and four Bachelor/ette seasons. I've never been asked, but since this is my last hurrah, I'll go ahead and tell you the question you didn't want to know...

What was my favorite post that I ever wrote? 

This one.

Sometimes I laugh at my own jokes. And now to the other question you didn't want to know.

 If you're giving this up, what is the hobby you're choosing? 

At the moment, it's cross-stitching (I've also been really into smoothies lately). I'm not kidding. So farewell dear friends! Perhaps the blogosphere will one day hear my thoughts again, but until then, I'll just have to bug my sisters, husband, and friends with them (don't cry for me, cry for them).

Lindsay


4 comments:

  1. Oh boo. You will be missed!! And that post about Urban Outfitters had me in tears I was laughing so hard. Thanks for the laughs! And good luck with your cross stitching, I enjoy it a little too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farewell. I like cross-stitching too, although I haven't done it in a while. You must really love it if it is the solitary hobby you chose. You'll have to show me some of your masterpieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will definitely be missed! What to do, what to do...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will miss reading your posts, but good luck with your chosen hobby and your three adorable girls:)

    ReplyDelete