Thursday, December 6, 2012

The End is Near

When I say "the end is near" please understand that I don't mean for you to picture me as the homeless man on the corner with a cardboard sign. That's not the end I'm referring to. (And let's be honest, if it came to that I'd have perfect vinyl letters cut out and they'd be on a scrapbooked poster board trimmed in a feathered-boa-rhinestoned border and I'd be copying it from something I saw on Pinterest).

Nor am I referring to the end of the year. Or the zombie apocalypse.

I'm referring to the end of this blog.

I know, it's just as shocking.

It's been grand really. We'll have had 591 posts by the time we close up shop on the 31st. In a reckless era where personal blogs are being abandoned left and right we prevailed.

On the days we miss it we'll just have to mutter our pear-shaped-thoughts under our breath to our children/spouses who pretend not to hear. On the days we don't miss it we'll sleep in, change diapers, taxi kids, fix dinner, and probably not think about the blog for an instasecond.

In the meantime, please enjoy our final moments together.

We hope you've enjoyed it as much as we have. Have you? Tell us. Which posts have been your favorite?

4 comments:

  1. no!! don't go away! before you leave, at least come enter our giveaway! xo chaseandem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad, too, but my pear shaped thoughts will prevail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad. Are you quitting blogging entirely? Such as shame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happened to the earlier post about a blog looking for a girl with pear-shaped thoughts? I was all geared up to ask if the blog liked pina coladas and taking walks in the rain... It will be sad to see you guys go!

    ReplyDelete