Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Cereal Diet

Today, I learned about possibly the weirdest diet I've ever heard of. And I've heard a few doozies. So this one is good.

As the title gives away, it's called The Cereal Diet and involves eating cereal for three meals a day and only snacking on.. wait for it... cereal bars!! and fruits and vegetables. I guess the theory is that you will be consuming a low calorie diet but still feel satisfied and full. Breakfast is after all the most important meal of the day... why not have it 3 times?

I can see a wide range of flaws with this diet, but let me point out just three.

1. The majority of cereals are sooooooooooo incredibly bad for you it's not even funny. High in sugar, low in nutrients, full of junk! Exhibit A:

2. Cereal doesn't really provide a balanced diet. A variety of carbs, maybe, if you choose a variety of cereals. A few fruit bits if you choose fruity cereals. But that's about it. And all cereals are sweet. I don't know about you but I get tired of eating sweet things, but maybe I'm weird. I do like Vegemite. Like a lot.

3. This is the big one. And I can't stress this enough. Cereal is gross. That is all.

So has anyone tried this new fad or know of anyone who has? Did it really work? Did they get diabetes? Did they die? Did they lose three hundred pounds while dying? Tell me!

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of it, definitely insane. I love Vegemite, like a lot, too so I'm with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This diet sound like the Special K diet to the extreme!

    ReplyDelete