Monday, December 10, 2012

Sleep Talking 2 Year Olds

A few nights ago, my almost 2 year old woke up crying at 3am. Maybe he'd had a bad dream, I have no idea. He can't talk well yet so I just have to guess. Whatever the issue, he was quite upset so I brought him into bed with me to allow him to calm down and sleep soundly. It's nice to cuddle him occasionally anyway.

After a few minutes a wriggling around and kicking his little feet, he fell asleep. I watched him lovingly and patted his forehead. They're so cute when they sleep.


Shortly after, I was relaxing and trying to coerce my body to sleep when I heard my little boy talk in his sleep. Did you know that little boys who can barely talk when they're awake can talk in their sleep? He said 'Ouch coldy'. Brilliant I know - He's a child prodigy. Someone call MENSA.

Anyway, a few minutes later, he woke up saying 'More Icy Mummy. More Icy'. He was convinced that he'd just been eating an icy pole (I think you Americans call them popsicles) and wanted another. At 3am. While sleeping. Probably not little fella!

Gotta love them. And all the journal worthy stories they give us.

Katrina

2 comments:

  1. I love the term icy pole!! Sleep talkers are the best and its even cuter when they're two. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That is hilarious. My husband was talking in his sleep the other night. It was just jibberish. I guess, if you can talk during the day, you can't in your sleep. Just the opposite of your son.

    ReplyDelete