Saturday, December 22, 2012

Baking Soda

Is anyone else weirded out about baking soda?

How is it that the same substance that goes in my cookie recipes can also be used to brush my teeth, do my laundry, and deodorize my fridge?  It's creepy.

And what exactly is it made of?  I'm sure the answer is very scientific, so don't bother telling me if you know.

Well, I'm off to scrub my sink with the stuff.  And if I have any leftover maybe I'll whip up a cake.

P.S. As I was searching for a picture of baking soda I also found out it can be made into a scrub to get rid of black heads.  It just keeps getting stranger.

2 comments:

  1. I love that the box indicates for baking, cleaning and deodorizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used it mixed with hydrogen peroxide to scrub off some baked on crud on my stove. Then, I made cookies... ;0

    ReplyDelete