Monday, November 5, 2012

Unplugged



After participating in 31 Days of blogging with many other bloggers on the web, I am completely worn out mentally.  My brain feels dried up like a raisin in the whole ideas department.  Because of this, I'm trying to unplug for a bit.  Unplugged?  Is that even possible in this day and age?  I think I can give up facebook for a bit and take a mini vacay on my personal blog, but, completely unplugging is nearly impossible.  I am slightly addicted to reading other's blog posts.  They offer me humor or spiritual uplift.  We all need a bit of that during the day.

I also carry a smart phone in my purse or pocket 24/7.  Can I give up texting?  Heck no, that's the way to keep in touch with my out of state Military Son.  Can I give up e-mail?  That's a big 'NO', as well.  That's the way I keep in touch with my Missionary Son.  Can I give up my kindle?  It is technology....Psshhhh, NO...get real people.

Uplugging is relative.  It means something different for each person.  For me, it will mean no regular posting on my blog.  It means no facebook or Zuma Blitz.  It means pulling out my smart phone only if it is absolutely necessary.  It means spending more time focusing on the things that truly matter:  faith, family, friends.

What does unplugging mean to you?  
Is it even possible to give technology up completely?


1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way. The smart phone changed me! I think I'm going to try to just check the Internet each day only after my kids are in bed...starting NOW! That's unplugging for me!

    ReplyDelete