Thursday, November 29, 2012

Toaster Teens



I recently posted about my Toaster Babies.  I read through a lot of your comments and realized that many of you can relate.  I even had a follower mention her Toaster Teens.  Yes, YES, I had Toaster Teens, too!  I want to give you younger mother's some encouragement and let you know that your little ones do eventually grow out of that Toaster Baby stage.  You may even get a few years of some much needed rest.  But then something else happens.

TOASTER TEENS

This is no laughing matter and is a real phenomenon.  These teens have no respect for the clock and for the sleep habits and needs of others.  My bedroom is downstairs, and one particular teen (ahem, the one pictured above) would come running down the stairs multiple times before retiring for the night.  Thump, thump, thump down the stair, "I forgot a drink of water..."  Thump, thump, thump.  Back up.  Thump, thump, thump down the stairs, waking me up, "Mom I need cookies for my Spanish fiesta in the morning at school." WTH?!  Thump, thump, thump back up the stairs...Thump, thump, Thump down the stairs, "Mom, Did you put my clothes in the dryer?"  As teens, their needs are just as needy and pressing as a screaming infant.  Speaking of needs, they also have no respect for closed doors.  Even when the doors are locked, my husband and I have been intruded upon in the middle of the night, sometimes being caught in a compromising situation.  

So, young mama's, rest and nap when you can because it starts all over again....
Oh, and don't forget to LOCK your door!





2 comments:

  1. yep! I completely understand this post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.....that's a new one for me. My kids never barged in unannounced. They do grow up.

    ReplyDelete