Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thick Skin

The elderly have no inhibitions. (<--------Talk about a generalization).  But it's true.  I've worked with them for over 5 years and in my experience they have no problem saying what they think.
The other day I was running late for work and I didn't have time to pack a lunch.  So I stuck a loaf of bread, a jar of peanut butter, and a bottle of jam in a grocery bag (to make a sandwich, if you're unfamiliar with sandwich making ingredients).  When I walked into work I waved at my patients and headed to the kitchen to put my bulging bag away.  As I walked past a man in his late 80's he said, "boy if you eat all that you're gonna get as fat as hell."  Ouch.  I have no idea how fat hell is, but I'm certain I don't want to be that large. 

And for the record I only made one sandwich.  And finished off the chocolates in my drawer.  But it's not because I'm an emotional eater.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! They do say things, it's like as they get older their filter goes, I don't know where. Sometimes emotional eating is okay...as long as you don't get as fat as hell.

    ReplyDelete