Friday, November 2, 2012

I Heart Mom

It's Friday, it's November and I'm in full-on thankful mode so today's post is a shout out to my mom and mothers everywhere, you truly are special. 
You know those bad days that seem to actually last for about a week?  The days when you feel like you need to lose a few pounds but can't find the motivation to go to the gym.  You desperately need your hair done because you aren't actually trying to go for the ombre look.  You have nothing to wear and the house is a disaster.  It was one of those times. 
After a phone call and a few tearful sentences on my part, my mom knew just what to do.

Day 1:  Took me out to lunch and told me my disastrous house wasn't as bad as I thought.
Day 2:  She and I went shopping where she bought me new clothes and I had a makeover (some new concealer for bags under the eyes can bring up the confidence level ten-fold).
Day 3:  Invited us over for dinner.  When I arrived, she told me to go take a nap up in my old bedroom.  I awoke to soup, bread and chocolate chip cookies.

By Day 4 I was feeling much better about things.  My house was getting cleaner, I found time for a trip to the gym, and the new concealer was still working wonders.  If you are ever having a bad day,  I would recommend calling mom.  Even as an adult, your mom a nap and cookie can make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment