Monday, November 12, 2012

Evolution, Food, and Februrary

I think evolutionists really missed the mark. On days like these it's much more likely that I descended from a bear than a monkey. I'm not that hairy, I'm not a good climber, and a banana is sometimes the last thing I'd like to eat.

I'd rather eat the whole pan of cookies I just made. Too late. I did. For some reason my sweet tooth gets greedy in the Fall and my apathy towards cooking seems cured by bursts of baking frenzy.

It must be because we're designed to store fat to hibernate during the winter like our bear ancestors.


 I'm guessing that the intention was for us to sleep off February. I really could do without it. Except for the chocolates, but I can buy myself those anytime of the year. Like in the Fall.

I know I'm not the only one that feels like way. In fact last week at church our Relief Society activity was devoted to sweets treats this time of year. We talked about them, made them, and ate them for a whole hour.

What are you looking forward to eating/making/sharing this holiday season?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, the nesting and sleeping and napping. I can totally see where you are going with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to the pumpkin pies. Oh I could have a slice for breakfast every. Day. No joke. Glad I'm not the only one who feels we all should take up hibernation.

    ReplyDelete