Friday, October 19, 2012

Watch hilarious Australian 80s TV with me!


I’m not sure what kids’ TV shows they have in the states, but here Playschool is one of the most popular and has been since I was a kid. I loved watching Playschool when I was a kid. They sing songs, make fun things out of pipe cleaners, egg cartons, and styrofoam. They read stories, play games and teach about things like animals or families.

Well, now my little boy watches it. But what I’ve discovered is that the Playschool of today is very different to the Playschool of my day. It’s very tame, perfect, and professional these days. In my day (gee, how old do I sound?) Playschool was a little cheeky. The adults on there would make some slightly flirtatious comments to each other, or comments with just a touch of innuendo would escape their lips. They only did one take of the show, so if they did something silly it stayed.

So when I was looking on YouTube for an episode for my son one day, I came across this one. It is HILAROIUS. I hope you watch it and find it as hilarious as me. Get your kid to watch it with you so you feel less moronic. This episode is special because they’re at the beach. The older guy, John, makes some very cheeky comments and he and the woman, Monica, flirt just a touch. Incidentally, John was my favourite as a kid… perhaps I got his humour even then. Watch it, and see how silly Australian children’s TV was in the 80s and 90s. Then Don (who is Russell Crowe’s father in law. Just FYI.) plays his guitar and a little girl begs for him to sing ‘Little Shell’!

It cracks me up. I hope you enjoy it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment