Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday!

My deapest apologies for just barely remembering that I was scheduled to post today. You see, every week, there is one day that I dread more than others...

TUESDAY

There are just enough drop offs/pick ups/changing clothes in the car, hanging out at dance lessons...FOR TWO HOURS (all while keeping the 12 month old entertained) to make this day one that stirs up that frazzled mom feeling. And don't worry, I look the part too. I literally just showered (at 2:30 pm) and put back on my sweats. Not kidding.

Not only that, but Tuesday is my cleaning day this year (I have a different day every year it seems). I love cleaning day after I've cleaned, but do you know what I hate...facing cleaning day and actually cleaning. You'd think that with how much this day makes me cringe, I would choose another day to clean, but schedule-wise that's just how it is, so I have to suck it up.

On brighter Tuesdays, I try to throw something in the crock pot so that after the two hour dance fiasco, dinner is ready for us when we come home. It didn't happen today so guess what's on tonight's menu? The choice of  Grilled Cheese Sandwiches or Cereal or Kraft Mac N' Cheese. Just makes the mouth water, right?

Here's to my next post which will be on time and better than today's. And here's to tomorrow. And Thursday. Any day that's not today, really.

Tell me I'm not alone in having day of the week hatred!

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more on the dread of Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm with you about today. It may not be the same day every week for me but today was a doozy and i'm glad it's coming to an end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read on someone's blog once how instead of referring to having to clean her home, she refers to it as "today I get to show my home some love." I like that. It kind of just changes your attitude. Maybe you'll come to love Tuesdays, but then again, maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just think of how many calories I'm burning running around, pushing the vac and going up and down the stairs putting laundry away! I don't have a "day" though; I probably should. Today was sort of my day, but there isn't enough time in one day to finish it all, so today was tidying up all the clutter and tomorrow is the actual cleaning.

    ReplyDelete