Friday, October 12, 2012

Things That Go Bump in the Night

Have you ever wanted to put a face to your favorite Pear Shaped writer?  Check out our newly updated contributor's page.

I have a tendency to scare easily.  If I hear a creak in the night I think it's armed robbers rather than the sounds of a settling house.  If a car follows me for more than two miles it's a kidnapper ready to snatch me rather than someone who is driving to the same city I am.  If a strange/random acts happens to someone, such as being killed by a moose, I'm sure the next time I step out into the wilderness I'll also be killed by a moose.  Yes, I realize this sounds a little schizophrenic of me, but really I'm just a bit of a worry wart.

One night, several years ago, my cousin and I decided to spend the night at my grandma's cabin...alone.  Well together, but alone.  You know what I mean.  We didn't leave until later in the day so by the time we got to the cabin it was dark.  And scary.  We settled in and started playing a game, Mexican Train I think it was, which is irrelevant, but a fun game nonetheless.  Suddenly a creepy, crawly insect started swarming above our heads trying to attack us probably.  We started running around the cabin screaming bloody murder but whatever room we ran to the flying bug followed us, dive-bombing at our heads.  After what seemed like an eternity it landed on the wall.  Slowly and as quietly as we could we snuck up on the culprit only to see this...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Brace yourself...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 
Terrifying, isn't it?

5 comments:

  1. Great post! Thanks for the laugh this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe, Who knew Lady bugs could be so aggressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to live on the east coast...all sorts of unidentifyable bugs here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any kind of an insect is scary when it's causing such a ruckus!

    ReplyDelete