I think the LDS Church really kind of knows what they're doing with the whole General Conference thing...
With General Conference approaching this weekend, let me just say that it is definitely one of my two most favorite weekends of the year. What's the other you ask? Well, the second being, of course, Spring General Conference.
Oh, how I love thee, let me list the ways...
- Uplifting messages all weekend on TV (my apologies to those who do not live in an area where it can be televised to your home. My advice? MOVE)
- Delicious, lazy breakfast not made by me! (Thanks to my sweet, loving, bacon frying hubby)
- No extra meetings. (Yeehaw, time out for me!)
- Conference Notebooks. Somehow I love the idea of creating and decorating my own unique book to jot down special messages from the Church leaders. (My husband makes fun of my ancient technology as he types away on his nerdy iPad which, btw, he got for free 99!)
- Pajamas! I can watch Church in my pajamas! (If that doesn't sum it up for you as the best reason of all for loving General Conference weekend, then I couldn't sell you a bar of soap!)