Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Advice


I've always been one to seek advice and take it. For the most part it's worked out well for me:

  • "Get dressed when you get out of bed in the morning"
  • "Pay attention in school and get good grades"
  • "Have a short engagement"
  • "Spend money on your wedding pictures, they're the only things that will last from the day" (except your love and marriage of course)
  • "Avoid baby doll t-shirts, they make you look pregnant"

There is, however, one piece of advice I have been royally kicking myself repeatedly for following:

"Don't buy a travel system. They are big and bulky. Blah, Blah, Blah."

Nothing is worse than taking a sleeping baby out of the car seat to move her to the stroller. Why did I put my faith so carelessly into the opinions of mothers on Amazon?

When I told my own mother of my frustration she said, "Well, you didn't ask me. I would have told you I loved mine."

I think I need to start re-evaluating where I take my advice from. Sorry mom.

Have you taken any bad advice lately?

2 comments:

  1. I like Baby doll shirts because if I'm feeling bloated no one knows...

    I've gotten some whacky advice over the years. Some of it you have to take with a grain of salt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took "have a short engagement" a step further to "have a short dating period." Kidding. Not really.

    ReplyDelete