I've always been one to seek advice and take it. For the most part it's worked out well for me:
- "Get dressed when you get out of bed in the morning"
- "Pay attention in school and get good grades"
- "Have a short engagement"
- "Spend money on your wedding pictures, they're the only things that will last from the day" (except your love and marriage of course)
- "Avoid baby doll t-shirts, they make you look pregnant"
There is, however, one piece of advice I have been royally kicking myself repeatedly for following:
"Don't buy a travel system. They are big and bulky. Blah, Blah, Blah."
Nothing is worse than taking a sleeping baby out of the car seat to move her to the stroller. Why did I put my faith so carelessly into the opinions of mothers on Amazon?
When I told my own mother of my frustration she said, "Well, you didn't ask me. I would have told you I loved mine."
I think I need to start re-evaluating where I take my advice from. Sorry mom.
Have you taken any bad advice lately?