Saturday, September 8, 2012

Soothing Songs?

With a new baby in the house I've been dusting off my vocal cords with some favorite lullabys here and there and have discovered as an adult that some are not as nice as I always thought!

Rock-a-bye baby, in the tree top
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall
And down will come baby, cradle and all
(but don't worry the tree isn't tall and I'll catch you)


Or how about this one

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You’ll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don’t take my sunshine away.

(taking babies? not so soothing for mom) 
 Thank heavens I've spend many years in Primary so I have a few backup up my sleeve. 


1 comment:

  1. Lullabies, nursery rhymes, heck, all the old stories like Rapunzel and Hansel & Gretel. I swear, they were made up to frighten children. Read some of the old school stuff and you'll be okay with how Disney has re-done the script. YIKES! Primary songs are the best!

    ReplyDelete