Monday, September 10, 2012

Million Dollar Ideas

We've all had them, right?  My million dollar idea (go ahead, steal it - I'll never get around to producing it) has to do with the grocery store.  If you're like me (and in this regard I hope you're not) whether you have to pick up 4 items or 40 items at the market you're there for an hour.  At least.  I don't know if it has to do with my horrible sense of direction or my unobservant nature but I always find myself wandering up and down the aisles in a dazed stupor. 
Source
Keep in mind I've shopped at the same grocery store for 15 years.  So, my million dollar idea is this: on each shopping cart is an electronic device where you type in the item you're looking for and then it tells you the location of the item.  Badda bing badda boom.  Grocery trips will be cut in half.  Busy people everywhere will rejoice.  And maybe or maybe not world peace will ensue.

I overheard another great million dollar idea at a birthday party last week.  The idea came from the birthday boy's grandpa who was reminiscing about when his children were young and he would dress them in Garanimals.  Are you familiar with this line of clothing?  Basically on each tag of a shirt or a pair of pants is an animal.  A young child can dress himself and ensure that he matches if, for example, he chooses a shirt with a tiger on the tag and a pair of pants with a tiger on the tag.

Source
Anyway, this man was saying how he wished they had Garanimals for men.  Brilliant, right?  My husband sure could use it.  He's always asking me if things match (No honey, you can't wear striped shirts with plaid pants) and his sense of color is a little off (he swears he owns a pair of white shorts but in truth they're a light khaki).

So, there you have it.  Two million dollar ideas.  Take 'em or leave 'em.

P.S.  We're excited to debut our two newest Pear Shaped Thoughts writers this week.  Look for Chelsea on Thursday and Lisa on Saturday!

5 comments:

  1. The plaid with stripes lesson was one of the first learned in our marriage, except it was plaid and camo. "What? They're both blue and grey?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a genius!!! I say go for it! And the garanimals people are brilliant too! Except, my husband has to help me with stuff most of the time. His sense of fashion is amazing. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I walk around in a daze at the store, too. I think its the list, the coupons, the enormity of the store and the crowds. I'm not sure if an electronic device would help or hinder me in my grocery story quest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true! The grocery store daze. Oh how I miss online grocery shopping in the last state I lived in. You could just enter what you wanted & they delivered it to your door. (Plus I usually had a coupon for free delivery).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha. Grocery stores would never implement those. They'd lose lots of moolah from decreased sales in the 'impulse buy' section of my grocery list.

    ReplyDelete