Friday, September 7, 2012

Letting Go

There comes a point in all of our lives where we must learn to let go of something.  Sometimes it is hard, other times, not as much. 


I once dated a guy who just didn't understand that.  We broke up and he just couldn't let go.  He would call, he would sit by me at church, he tried to ask me on dates.  It was awful.  I finally had to be quite blunt and a little mean to get him to understand that it was over.

Before I had my first baby, I bought a set of Christmas stocking kits so that my family would have gorgeous homemade stockings just like I had as a child.  I opened the first package and realized that 'applique' did not mean glue.  It meant hand stitching.  After hours and hours of work and only getting a few sequins sewn on, I realized how over my head I was.  However, it didn't stop my determination.  I was going to make them and they were going to be amazing.  A few months ago (and 4 years after starting the first stocking) I decided that it just wasn't worth the guilt of not getting them done.  I closed up the box and have decided to place a nice order at Land's End for already made, personalized stockings.  I can't even explain the relief I felt.

We found out a couple of weeks ago that my husband got his absolute dream job. The job is in Maryland.  We have to be there in 2 weeks.  When I found out I was pregnant with twins, I figured that I would have to let go of a few extras.  With the addition of the move, the change had to come sooner.    So, sadly, this is my last post on PST.  It is hard to let go of some things.  This is one of them. 


5 comments:

  1. It's hard to let you go! Good luck! And you know that Baltimore is about an hour south of Delaware so if you're in need of anything, don't hesitate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crazy excited for you guys but I will miss your posts terribly!!! We too are moving in a few short weeks but your trek will be further! I'm jealous of where you're moving too. It's beautiful there! I hope you have a safe trip!!! And we wish you, J and all your cute little boys the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember you buying those stocking to make. I was in awe that you actually made those.. Good to see your human too ;) Excited to have you on the EC tho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how exciting for you guys! maryland AND twins! a whole new adventure! good luck linz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll miss you and your entertaining posts. We'd love to have you guest post once in a while - I'm sure you'll have some great stories to share once the twins arrive.

    ReplyDelete