Thursday, September 27, 2012

Drugs and Tacos


Did I draw you in with that title?  I'm mean, that's kind of a shocking word.  After much thought and deliberation, I've decided that I'm a druggie.  It's true!  I'm not repenting here, and I am not ashamed.  Let me explain, now that I've shocked the pants off of you.  I've recently had the mother of all head colds.  The kind of cold that makes your head feel like it is going to erupt like Mt. Vesuvius.  My first go to is Sudafed, the behind the counter, sacred, sign your life away sort of cold meds.  You know the ones...they need your license to dispense so they can TRACK you?  Then I have a headache...Oops better pop some Excedrin, although it's not Excedrin anymore because they don't make it so it's generic.  THEN, I can't sleep because of aforementioned medications, so I take some more medication on top of the other medications to sleep....hmmmm NyQuil....zzzzzzz....(Do you think they have an AA program for NyQuil?) Of course, then the infamous sinus infection sets in which requires, what?  More medication!

I know God inspired the scientists who created these medications, just for druggies like me.  I'm a baby, not holistic.  Science is inspired, though I'm sure many of them won't admit it.  On the 8th day God created medication and said, "It is good..."  and I totally agree.

On a side note, when I have a cold, I'm starving!  As long as I still have taste, I want to eat myself out of house and home.  Have you heard the old adage "feed a cold"?  Yeah, I do that, too.  Please pass me a Taco.

If this really doesn't make much sense to you, that's okay, I won't hold it against you, it doesn't make much sense to me either.  Just chalk it up to a brain full of drugs.

*** Disclaimer***I am in no way encouraging drug abuse.  
I am merely making fun of myself and what a baby I am when I am sick.  
I am, however, promoting Tacos.  I love Tacos!  Yo quiero Baja Fresh***

4 comments:

  1. If they have a program for that my daughter needs to go. I think she's addicted too. And by the way, I think she's got me addicted also. So we both better join the program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so mad when they moved that behind the counter because it's really the only thing that eliminated cold symptoms. That being said, I have never asked to buy it since they moved it. But I should!

    ReplyDelete