Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Beautifully Awkward at the Golden Arches


Last week it was one of those mornings when you just feel like an Egg McMuffin for breakfast.  Those mornings are few and far between, so on my way to work I went through that drive through and ordered said Egg McMuffin.  All seemed well and good until I got to the second window and the boy working the window, who looked to be not a day over 18 said "Good Morning Beautiful" and handed me my breakfast in a bag.  I was quite startled and had about a million thoughts run through my mind.

Is this a compliment?  Should I respond with thank you?  Good morning to you too?  Are you hitting on me?

The words that came out were merely "thank you" and I drove off, but my future old lady self was thinking, "Kids these days...  Do they call everyone beautiful?  I'm sure my husband will love to hear about this."

I guess it's a good thing those Egg McMuffin mornings are infrequent.

3 comments:

  1. Holy Heck! I'd eat there every day if I got a lovely compliment like that. Although egg mcmuffins never sit right, but I'd feel beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats happened to me before too!!! And I TOTALLY had a million questions running through my head just like that! I think it just makes the drive thru awkward. I avoided it for a while. Its nice to hear from my husband but from some strange teenage boy at McD's? I dunno... haha. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny! Maybe he was looking for a tip?

    ReplyDelete