Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

Twenty years of schooling and thousands of dollars later I'm terrified to tell my husband what my ultimate dream job would be.

It is not being a dietitian, though I do love it.

It is not being a mother, because we're talking about what brings home the bacon for this post.

It is not even being the next Oprah Winfrey, though that is a close second.

I want to be a secretary.



Laugh if you must. I think it probably stems from the hours I spent at the fake typewriter writing pretend memos during free time in first grade.

I want to type letters, schedule meetings and appointments, and have no stress about making a decision that ruins someone's future. I just want to follow orders mindlessly.

I did, in fact, confess this to my husband the other day. "I don't get it," he said, "you hate doing those things for me." It must be like cleaning another persons house--it is always is less drudgery when it's not your business to take care of.

What's your dream job?


4 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I'm a secretary at a high school. Or more glamorously called an "Administrative Assistant". It is not my dream job, but I love being able to go home and leave things at work. That being said, I have gotten calls at home and on my cell about various things from time to time. But the major decision making is not mine. I think enough as it is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't we all confess this once at book club? Because I also think I would love to be a secretary. Of course when I had to sub in for my dad's secretary after high school I didn't really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to do hair. There, I said it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to do hair. There, I said it.

    ReplyDelete