Monday, August 27, 2012

Mind the Gap

When my husband and I first got married I taught the seven year-olds at church. One week the lesson was on families. We talked about how blessed each child is to be born to loving parents who take care of them in their most dependent state.

At one point in the lesson I planned to show a picture of my family (which was only my husband and I at that point), and then have the children share pictures of their families with the class.

I held up the small picture found in our wedding announcement and pointed to myself saying "this is me" and then pointing to my husband I asked "who is this guy? Does anyone know him?" Some shook their heads "no" and one girl in the corner of the class room shouted "Your Dad" in all seriousness.

There are a handful of years between us, but certainly it's not that bad!

1 comment:

  1. Haha!! I just love kids and the things they say!

    ReplyDelete