Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Regrets

Have you ever heard someone say that they don't regret a single thing they've ever done because it's led them to where they are?  I think that is a very positive outlook to have.  I also think it's totally bonkers.  I regret tons of things.

I remember as a junior in high school I decided to run for student council. Was it because I thought it would look good on my college applications? No. Did I think it would be a wonderful opportunity to gain some leadership skills? Not really. I ran because I wanted to be in my town's parade that summer. And yes, the parade was everything I had hoped for. Now I'm stuck with the responsibility of planning the rest of my high school's reunions until kingdom come. I don't think I should have taken on a 60+ year responsibility at the young age of 17.

But that's not all...

I regret not investing in Facebook back in 2005 because if I had I would probably be super rich.

I regret every single embarrassing thing I've ever done in front of people.  And to those people who have the mantra of "not regretting anything" I ask you - does this include falling on your face in front of the person you had a crush on?

I regret having big bangs.  And a perm.

Every time morning rolls around I regret not going to bed earlier.

I regret waiting until after I had been married for two years to learn to cook.

I regret watching multiple seasons of America's Next Top Model.

And I regret procrastinating writing this post until 2 hours after my bed time.

2 comments:

  1. I regret not investing in Yahoo, google, Apple or even Scentsy, who I knew the owners before they were. Dang it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the whole cooking thing. And the bed time thing. And the perm.

    ReplyDelete