Have you ever felt like you were Cathy, from the comic strip Cathy?
It's currently 9:00 pm the night before my post is due; the temperature outside is 95 degrees. I hate humidity. I mean HATE!!! We had a massive unexpected storm hit on Friday night that completely wiped out power to most power lights and grocery stores and homes. My go to store was only selling non-perishables all weekend. Not great if you need milk, which I did. I was lucky and only had my lights flicker a bit; I cannot believe people are functioning with no air conditioning right now. This should have me feeling pretty good about my situation in life, but no. They say that the best writing comes from the most honest place, and tonight my honest place is grumpy.
So here's a list of things I hate (in general and at the moment). Why? I don't know. Only that sharing them with you makes me feel better in some way:
1. I'm moving in less than a month and have no place to live. No one wants to rent to someone with 3 kids. Can't say that I blame them. But I can say that they stink.
2. I can't stand hearing about people's foot surgeries. My entire legs go weak.
3. Country music, particularly those songs about drinking. Sorry, but drunken stupors are just about the last thing on earth I want to hear a song about.
4. Competitive Eating. Gross.
5. Big summer action movies, particularly those based on a cartoon, board game, comic book, etc.
6. My foot size. I wear a 5 (and it really can't be a 5 1/2). Next time you're shopping for shoes, I want you to look at the options for 5's and then think of me. I have to buy shoes online and pay twice as much.
7. When they make you stand to sing hymns in church. (Happened today when I had finally gotten my baby to hold still and be quiet...standing should be optional.)
8. How disastrous my house looks after the weekend. Where is my cleaning fairy?
10. Diaper rash.
11. I need to start packing up my house. The worst. I packed up my house last summer. I get to pack up my house this summer and I will be packing up my house next summer and for some reason that has me ticked right now.
12. I need to paint my toe nails, but would really rather that someone else did it for me.
13. I sweat like a pig out here.
14. I can't think of a good way to end this post and go to bed...