Wednesday, June 6, 2012

WWYD: What Would You Do?


Moral Dilemma:

I live three doors down from a post office and I have caught the mailman SLEEPING in his mail truck in front of my house not once or twice, but THREE TIMES IN THE LAST MONTH!!! One time he was even blocking my driveway and I couldn't get in. I had to honk my horn to wake him up.

You'd think that after someone caught you sleeping on the job (literally...SLEEPING on the job), you'd think, "Oh hey! I should probably get back to work or take the truck back and not milk the clock." But no!! He casually moved over to my neighbor's house, parked it, and slept some more!

Here's where you come in: Would you report him?

I mean one time, I understand. But three!? I have some compassion. In the end though, I pay taxes! However, I'm also horrified of being labeled a tattler.

What to do? What to do?

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. My mail lady sits in my lobby (or in her truck in the lot) and reads the magazines she is delivering. She'll sit there for like an hour almost every single day! I always wonder if I ought to report it.

    I do happen to know that each postal route has a specific time associated with it. The delivery person has to "check in" (scan a little barcode on various mailboxs throughout the route with a little handheld device) a number of times while doing their route to make sure they do it in a timely manner. If they scan the barcodes too slowly, they are penalized for not going fast enough. If they scan the barcodes too quickly, then the post office thinks it takes them less time to do that specific route, and they shorten the allotted time for that route.

    I'm glad there is a check system, but apparently it doesn't work very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make that 4 times!! Caught him again today! Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could it be his lunch break?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend who is a postal worker and he takes naps in his truck on his lunch break and then I think he gets 1 break every 4 hours, so maybe his break is just after he delivers around your neighborhood? Maybe?

    ReplyDelete