Monday, June 11, 2012

When the FBI Comes to Visit


An FBI agent showed up at my house a while back.  At first I started scrambling my mind for possible crimes I may have committed.  Of course, the slate in my mind came back clean since I am an outstanding citizen.

You know how in the movies they flap open their badge and say, “FBI.  I have a few questions for you”.  Well, that is the real deal my friends.  That is almost exactly what he did and said.   So, basically, at that point I expected a camera crew to show up and send me off to hair and makeup in preparation for my big scene.  But they didn’t show.  Lame.

He started asking us questions about a former neighbor.  I don’t know anything about FBI etiquette so I hesitated to ask him why he was questioning us about our neighbor.  But, my curiosity got the better of me and I asked anyway.  (I can be brave sometimes.)  Turns out, such a question is acceptable.  And to make a good story turn boring…our neighbor just applied for a government job and they were doing a background check.  I know, you were hoping for some Jack Bauer-ish story.  So was I.

Moral of the story…Even the cool jobs disappoint sometimes.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad they weren't coming after you. I don't know if I could be friends with someone in federal prison.

    ReplyDelete