Tuesday, June 26, 2012

An Ode to The Husband

It's husband week, and I know that many of you think that you married the best guy, which is probably true for you, but I know that I married the best guy for me. I really really really married way out of my league. I don't know how I pulled it off either. Well actually, I explained how I pulled it off here quite accurately. No one gets me like my husband gets me. If I had one piece of advice for someone trying to find a person to marry I'd say to find someone that you like as much as you love. I really like my husband. We are as happy hanging out on the couch watching TV or talking together as we are going out on the town. He makes my life easy.

I love a lot about him, but one thing I love is that he knows relatively NOTHING about girl stuff. (That explains this post and this post) Yet he understands my need for girl stuff completely.

On my 27th birthday, I was rather pregnant (like due in 2 weeks) with my second child. When you are that pregnant, there is not a lot of celebrating going on. My husband got me a great gift: A gift card for a full day spa package. When I opened it, the following conversation happened:

Me: Perfect! What does a full day spa package include?
Him: They told me you get a massage, your fingers painted, a facial, and I think you get a footcial too.
Me: A what?
Him: A footcial. You know where they paint your toenails.
Me: Do you mean a pedicure?
Him: Whatever.

A footcial. Never have I loved him more.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love it!!!! Haha!! Men are fantastic! What a sweet husband you have. : ) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. Love this story. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete