Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bless Her Heart


I’ve decided I’m going to start using the phrase “bless her/his heart” more often.  Because seriously, you can pretty much get away with anything if you follow it up with “bless her/his heart”.  It makes everything you say about people (or animals) sound nice.

For example:

That is the fattest cat I’ve ever seen...bless her heart.

That was the dumbest thing she could have ever said...bless her heart.

I can’t believe that jerk cut me off!!  Bless his heart. 

If I use this phrase properly (you know, properly…like the last three examples), it will be as if I’ve never said a rude thing in my life.  

3 comments:

  1. Guilty. I say this all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Absolutely love it. Must begin today.(Bless your heart!) hahahaha... I've got the giggles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got made fun of using this phrase just yesterday. And it was necessary. Plus this is a token southern saying and I am from the south afterall :)Bless my heart!

    ReplyDelete