Friday, May 4, 2012

My Bucket List


What’s on your bucket list? Maybe a world trip, bungee jumping, sky diving, reading a certain book, buying a jeep, eating an entire room full of chocolate, punching an ex-boyfriend in the face. Whatever it is, I think it’s safe to say we all have a few things we’d like to do before we kick the proverbial bucket.

I am thoroughly excited to announce that today I will tick off the first big thing on my bucket list.
It may disappoint you to learn that my bucket list does not contain anything life threatening. So this post is not THAT exciting. If I am going to die, it is not going to be because I intentionally threw myself out of a plane or off a bridge in an attempt to feel my adrenalin pumping. Driving in peak hour in LA was enough to do that.


So what is it that I am ticking off, you ask?
Tonight, I will perform in an on stage musical. It’s something I have wanted to do forever and I am finally doing it.


The show is a big budget blockbuster (tiny little community theatre company) production of Brigadoon. All singers are highly paid (volunteers) and the dance scenes are perfectly choreographed (not at all). I wowed them with my audition (there weren’t any) for which I landed the lead role (okay, I’m singing in the chorus).

So I’m thrilled. One thing less on my list to spend hours per day plotting planning.
Still to do:
1.       Be mortgage free.
2.       Swim with dolphins.
3.       Bite the head off a snake, Bear Grylls style.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! Maybe you should record your show and share the highlights on your next post.

    ReplyDelete