Friday, May 11, 2012

Fashion trends worth forgetting

There are some trends worth following, and others I wish we could ignore. Let’s have a look at a few of those:

Rattails
I thought for sure these would be gone by now. But, they just seem to evolve. We no longer see the eighties ‘shaved head with tail’ like the one below, but kids at school still sport variations of these hideous beasts.

 If you’re trying to gross people out, why not just dissect an actual rat and use it as a hat. Or try this style:

Low and lazy
Remember Clueless and how cool it was to wear your pants super low? Note to all men. Women do not want to see your underwear where your pants should be. Ever. If I can see the whole curve of your butt before I can see your pants then we've got problems.

 Tighty not-so-whiteys
I know it’s fashionable to wear tights right now and I’ll give you this:

I will NOT, however, give you this:

 A frill on the back of stockings? This is supposed to look good enough to cost the $200 price tag? Sorry, but you appear to be doing a very unattractive interpretation of The Little Mermaid. I can step into a pillowcase and achieve that for free.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, the rat tail is disgusting...and I keep seeing them! As well as the return of the mullet. Did we learn nothing from history? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Rat tails and mullets are despicable and I truly do not understand how anyone in their right mind could possibly think that they look good enough to wear. EW. It really makes you wonder if some people even look at themselves in the mirror...

    ReplyDelete