Thursday, May 24, 2012

Celebrity Sightings: Part 2

Read Part 1 here.

I'm against bragging, generally.  However, there are a few times when I think it's okay.  Like when you see a celebrity.  Espeically when you live in Utah and it's a semi rare occurence.

I was at Costco yesterday when I saw one.  A celebrity, that is.  When I told my husband about my star sighting he laughed and told she wasn't a celebrity.  Men.

Uh, hello - I'm pretty sure Julie B. Beck the former Relief Society General President is, indeed, a celebrity.  She does (did) hobnob with the Prophet after all.
She even spoke to me.  Sure it was, "can you get by?" as I tried to squeeze my akward cart full of diapers and children past her, but I'm not picky.

While we're on the topic I also saw Dale Murphy two weeks ago.  Don't worry if you don't know who he is, your husband probably does.
As you can see from the picture he used to be a professional baseball player (he's much older now than he appears in this picture).  When my husband informed me of his famous status I decided to shake his hand.  Now I can shake someone elses hand and say "now you shook the hand of the person who shook the hand of Dale Murphy."

That reminds me...about 5 years ago I did an internship at the hospital.  One day an elderly patient and I were talking and, naturally, we got on the topic of Frank Sinatra.  Well, this patient had met Frank back when ol' blue eyes was still alive and, get this, he shook his hand.  So then the elderly patient shook my hand and said, "you shook the hand of the man who shook the hand of Frank Sinatra."  I died.
If you know me I'll be more than happy to shake your hand so that you can tell people that you "shook the hand of the woman who shook the hand of the man who shook the hand of Frank Sinatra."  I realize that the more people involved in the hand shaking chain the less cool it is.  But still.

2 comments:

  1. My institute teacher did that once and he did a shook the hand of shook the hand of shook the hand of.... Joseph Smith. Pretty awesome. Included in the string of hands was the old lady from the church movie about the mailbox and how she'd go check her mail every day with a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've shaken the hand of someone twice removed from the Prophet Joseph Smith. Now that is fetching cool! This old guy who baptized my husband shook the hand of his elderly neighbor when he was a young boy who lived in Nauvoo with Joseph and shook his hand. So twice removed.

    I saw someone once from Duran Duran. Does that date me?

    ReplyDelete