Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Breaking Down Breaking Dawn




As a FORMER TwiHard it almost pains me to even tell what I'm about to tell you.  But then I remember I just used the word “TwiHard” and how disgusting the word “TwiHard” actually is, and my pain seems to evade me. 

Long ago I read all four Twilight books.  They were a good, fun, easy read.  But then they became ultra, super popular with the movies and the posters and the music and, quite frankly, I started getting sick of hearing about Twilight ALL. THE. TIME.  I disliked hearing women confess their undying love to Edward Cullen, a fictional character.  I mean, it’s one thing to love you a little Mr. Darcy or Mr. Bingley, but Edward Cullen and Jacob Black?  Yuck.  Then people started naming their children Edward and Bella and Jacob and that’s when I just about started giving myself swirlies in the toilet.  I mean absolutely no offense to Ms. Meyers, for she is surely a lovely woman.  It’s the hype and the craziness that surrounds the empire that I don't like. 

So, to stick it to my old self, I am selling all four books at our Scout yard sale.  Hopefully they will fund someone’s camp expense and hopefully no one will name their child Edward as a direct result.  

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sick enough of it to sell my books, but the movies really leave a lot to be desired. I love the books so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My real problem is the whole premise entirely? Really? Your only choices are a vampire and a ware wolf? How many guys DO you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I hope they pay good money for them...because I know you did :)

    ReplyDelete