Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Memes

Unless you don't have internet access (which is highly unlikely) you've probably run across a few memes in the past year. Some of my favorites are "The most interesting man on earth" and the "sarcastic Willy Wonka." I like to think of them as good satire which makes them feel more ennobling that just mean jests.

The use of them at BYU to make fun of campus life and Mormon culture recently has been very popular and it's probably no surprise that there is a facebook group dedicated to them.

These are some of my recent favorites (please, by all means, feel free to cringe):

Pick-up lines


 First world problems girl:

 The most interesting man on earth:

 Sarcastic Willy Wonka






My all time favorite, that I couldn't find, was a sarcastic Willy Wonka that said "Oh you play a ukelele around campus? You must be quite the musician." (There is ALWAYS a token ukelele player who plays during class breaks).

What are some of your favorite memes?

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love the BYU culture. And I do - love the BYU culture. My favorite is the Brigham Young one, because it's true. He would not be allowed into the testing center.

    ReplyDelete