Monday, April 9, 2012

I'll Never Let Go


Wasn't it fun to be 15? You could be totally obsessed with something and it was perfectly acceptable because you were a silly teenager. Well, when I was 15, I was obsessed with Leonardo DiCaprio.

Because of this...



I remember going to see Titanic with a bunch of girl friends. We saw it in the theater at least 4 times. We all cried (like ridiculous 15-year-old girls do) and we all cried again, every time we heard Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" on the radio.

As pathetic as that sounds.....it gets worse. I used to daydream during class that Leonardo would show up at my school...or local mall...and fall in love with me. This was before I realized that movie stars don't generally stop by random high schools in small town suburbia. And they definitely don't fall in love with awkward, still growing, bad hair, high school freshmen.

I had mostly forgotten about this particularly embarrassing chapter in my life until they decided to re-release Titanic in 3D. I really don't enjoy 3D, it actually makes me feel a little car sick, but I am still tempted to go see it. Mostly to see if the new generation of 15-year-olds are as pathetic as I was. Plus, Leo was pretty cute.

So, who wants to go with me? I'm not taking my husband. He doesn't need to see Kate Winslet's boobs in 3D.

3 comments:

  1. I'll go with you! But seriously, we have it on DVD. I'm not going to go out and spend money on the movie again. Besides, I can't sit that long without having to get up and pee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well considering we watched it together four times in the theater, it would be a shame to break the streak. How can we make this work?....I have never seen a movie more times in the theater than Titanic, not even Harry Potter. Oh we were so obsessed. Also, we may not have remained friends had Leo come to town. Because in my dreams, he picked me:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crap! You stole my post! I wasted 15 hours of my life on that movie! Good thing I didn't really have a life back then. I did catch Titanic on TNT a few years back and cannot figure out for the life of me why I thought it was so fantastic; so after you go, you'll have to let me know!

    ReplyDelete