Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Buyers Remorse


Have you ever made up an excuse about the reason behind buying more that you said you would?  A few weeks ago I went shopping with a friend.  When I spent more money than I originally planned I came home with a game plan to approach my husband with.  Lucky for me, Mothers Day is just around the corner. (If you count two month away to be “around the corner”.  Which I do.) So, I said, “don’t worry about buying me anything for Mothers Day, because I already bought something for myself to cover it.” 

I’ve also used, “I promise, I won’t buy any more fabric for three months” and “It was on super super sale.  So, I pretty much had to buy it.”

What are your best one line excuses?  I need some new material J

2 comments:

  1. Luckily for me my husband still thinks I am great about not spending money. I never hide what I buy and I always tell him exactly what I spend and he says, "Awesome. Good job! That was a great deal!". This is mean, but I am glad he has some friends who are up to their eyeballs in debt because of their wives spending habits. Makes me look really responsible :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do most of the budgeting, so he just doesn't notice. Perfect really :) Lucky I'm pretty frugal so he doesn't need to worry.

    ReplyDelete