Thursday, March 29, 2012

Glamour-licious

**I apologize for my lateness in posting. I have a hard time remembering what month it is, let alone what day of the week it is.**

I came across a sad realization the other day - it's been a good 10 to 15 years since I've seen a glamour shot. Why? Why?

I fear I'm stating the obvious here, but the end of the glamour shots is a tragedy on many levels.

First of all it was a great excuse to really rat that hair.


Who says looking natural is best? I say cake on that makeup!



It was a great option for all the ladies who wanted to wear a feather boa, but just couldn't find the venue to do it in.



It was flattering for young and old alike.



With so many "professional photographers" these days I'm sure competition is fierce. Maybe a good option would be to bring back the glamour shot to really set yourself apart from the rest.

Images

2 comments:

  1. I used to snicker and laugh at the glamour shot photos. (Still do). What's worse is the people who did those for their senior pics. Yeah, they have to live with THAT the rest of their life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the second picture Lindsay Lohan?!?! Ha! Also, when I was little I wanted glamour shots more than anything. I wanted the make-up, the huge hair and as many sequins as possible. Sadly, my mom didn't think taking pictures of me looking like a 9 year-old hooker was appropriate. Good job, mom :)

    ReplyDelete