Friday, March 23, 2012

Career Change Time

Have you ever had one of those moments when you realize you chose the wrong profession? Apparently the odds are that you will change profession (not job, profession!) three to four times in your life... so I’ve decided career change number one is just around the corner for me.

I had this realization when sitting in a packed concert hall watching a comedian, Ross Noble. If you aren’t British or Australian you may not have heard of him, but in this house he is like a member of the family. In fact, it might be time we started photoshopping his face into our family portraits because to us, he belongs. Him and Seinfeld.

This is him:
(source)

Not the most attractive man, is he? Funny people rarely are.

Anyway, as we sat in the sold out three thousand seater concert hall, my husband and I discussed how much money he would be making from this one night. At an average of $60 per ticket, 3000 people in attendance, take maybe $20,000 to hire the concert hall and he comes out with a whopping $160,000 plus merchandise sales. That’s $160,000 for standing in front of a room of people and being an idiot for two hours. I am an idiot all the time!! I could totally do that!

So we decided, it’s time for one of us to focus on being funny. It’s time to look at everyday situations and twist them around, look at them from every angle, pull weird faces and do odd body contortions that resemble the situation. Done. That way, I’d only have to work a few hours a YEAR and live a perfectly rich life.

So now, who wants to bring 2,999 of their friends and pay me $60 per ticket to watch me act like this?
(source)

Or this:
(source)

Or maybe even this:
(source)

You know you want to.

3 comments:

  1. Well, no one wants to see that last one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a career change as much as the next person, but that picture of the butt was uncalled for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina! How did you get that picture of me?? :)

    ReplyDelete