Ever wondered who has the most power is in your relationship?
Yesterday, I encountered a couple where there was no question. I was in a Primary School giving a singing lesson to four little girls when in walked a set of their parents. They smiled pleasantly, and I noticed that the woman was quite attractive and dolled up – high heels, make up, big hair – and the husband was fairly plain. The woman clicked and pointed to where they would sit, and down they sat. Then I heard her tell her husband to get her a drink (no please or thank you required, apparently). As soon as he returned with water, he asked if he had any spending money this week. She replied with a flat “No.”
Clearly, she wears the pants in that relationship.
So what about you? Who wears the pants in your relationship, and how can you be sure?
Well, after consulting the most reliable sources on the net… you know, online quizzes and Wikipedia… I think I’ve found the perfect set of questions to consider:
1. Who is the most attractive? Apparently this is the number one determiner of who wears the pants. If you’re hot and he’s not, sorry, but you might be wearing your husband’s pants.
2. Who made the first move in your relationship? Did you hold his hand, or did he hold yours? Who kissed who? Think about it… because that person is indeed in control of all pants-ful-ness.
3. Are the friends you spend time with your friends, his friends, or mutual friends? If you’re in control of all friend activities, it might be time to loosen up your pants a little.
4. Who earns the most money in your relationship? If you have a large trust fund with high yield interest or are a high paid employee, you may in fact be emasculating your husband.
5. If you have children, who is the disciplinarian? Do you or your husband make the big calls on things for the kids? Maybe he doesn’t even know you had kids because you don’t let him out of his room?
Alright, so there you have it. Tally up ladies! How did you score?
I guess, if you’re connecting a chain up to his dog collar whenever you leave the house, you don’t really need to take the quiz. But then, you already knew that…