Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Leap List

Evidently Honda started the concept of a Leap List (or 10 things to do before a major life event, such as getting married, turning a certain age, etc.) but I didn't hear of it until watching the Bachelor. Yes, you can learn something even when watching something as mindless as reality T.V. So, in light of that, er, enlightenment I have composed my own Leap List of things I want to do before turning 40. Except I only have 5 things on my list. Apparently, I'm not that ambitious.

1) I'd like to learn to crochet or knit. I've been meaning to get around to asking my 80-year old neighbor to teach me, but haven't yet. However, when I do finally learn you can bet I'm going to make awesome things like this:
Original product sold here.


2) I want to travel to Prince Edward Island. Because I love the movie Anne of Green Gables, that's why.

3)I'd like to learn to play the fiddle really well. Preferably without taking lessons or practicing.

4) I want to make close friends with someone famous. Hopefully this person will have lots of money and a generous spirit.

5) I want to perform a citizen's arrest.

Happily it is allowed in the United States but usually only done when witnessing someone performing a felony. I don't actually like to be around crime all that much, so I would prefer to arrest someone performing a misdemeanor, most likely the junior high students who skip school and hang out at the park by my house. I called the police about them again last week and I get the feeling the police may be getting tired of my calls. Next time, I'll take matters into my own hands.

What's on your leap list?

4 comments:

  1. I have a list of things to do before I turn 30, but since that is in 7 months, I am thinking of changing it to 40 :) Your #3 and #4 are similar to two of mine, except mine is the banjo instead of the fiddle. Maybe we should start a band?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kase! #5 is hilarious! Had me laughing out loud. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That crochet product is something else...I don't even have words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete