Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Gun Shots and Snakes: What is keeping us here?


A few months back I heard several gun shots in front of our house.  I thought it was a fluke.  You know, like I actually really do live in a safe neighborhood and shouldn’t really worry about my personal safety.  After many friendly interactions with my neighbors and the like, I had pretty much convinced myself that it was all in my head.  Until I heard more shots Saturday night.  A LOT MORE! 

I’m not just talking:  bam, bam, bam, bam. 

I’m talking: BAM, BAM, BAM, BAM, BAM, BAM, BAM, BAM, BAM, BAM…pause. pause. pause….BAM, BAM, BAM. 

That’s enough bams to make a girl wet herself.  (not really, but maybe if I was 90.)  Or possibly crawl to the ground away from the window.  (true, but possibly embarrassing.)  

I’d like to say someone was just shooting crickets.  Or maybe that snake that got into our house a couple years back got into someone else’s house and they gave him the what-for.  (I wouldn’t mind.  That thing could have eaten my children!  Or my Oreos!)  


(Actual pictures of the actual snake in my actual house.)


Either way, I’m just glad we’re moving in May. 

Oh May, you are so far away…

5 comments:

  1. Um, not gunna lie, that is pretty scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm not glad! Not glad at all! But for your own safety it's probably best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an awful lot of BAM's. Hopefully you'll move back to the bubble...the bubble of saftey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha your bams literally made me laugh out loud as i'm imagining you actually saying that :) you are totally prepared for ogden. they ain't seen nothin like richmond!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you need to start dressing your family in kevlar vests. It could be a fashion statement? :)

    ReplyDelete