Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Transformations



Can you believe any of us made it past junior high school?  How I ever came out of there socially adept is beyond me.  (Then again, maybe I’m giving myself too much credit.)  Regardless, have you looked at your junior high yearbook recently?  I’m still trying to figure the whole thing out.  I mean, how is it even possible that those whose creative genius encompassed… “Have a great summer” and “Social Studies ruled!!!” and “Call me dude” …  are now working professionals with limitless power in the social world?  There are only two words to describe such a transformation:  Christmas Miracle.

Seriously.  We should all be thanking our lucky stars that someone stopped us (me) from wearing our (my) brothers’ old jeans or that a teacher showed us how to express ourselves with other words beside the profane ones.  Who knows where we would be if it weren’t for those people.  We all need a bit of guidance now and then, especially in junior high.  

Then, when you see those poor souls traveling through the midst of junior high and say to yourself, “Oh crap, that was me 17 years ago,” you’ll realize that the Christmas Miracle must not have actually worked on you because you just used the word “crap”….just like you did in junior high.

I guess the Christmas Miracle wasn’t so miraculous after all. 

2 comments:

  1. Jr. High was absolutely the worst 2 years EVER. In fact, I still have anxiety every time I think about being 13, or my children having to be 13. Ughh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often have this same thought!! If I could go back and live a day in the life of my jr high self, I would take it, so that I could know how great I have it now!!

    ReplyDelete