Saturday, January 7, 2012

Of Coats and Carseats: Inventions Moms Need

Happy January. (No exclamation mark; this month deserves none.) I'm not at all with Kasey on her "winter love" post. The fact of the matter is that I would shave my legs three times a day if it meant that I could have 80 degree weather. I am, however, with her on the fact that some people come up with really strange inventions that have no purpose and make millions. It's really quite maddening. Well, just this week it has turned bitter cold here on the East Coast, and that prompted me to think of an idea which if put into place would make millions...

A Thin, Very Warm Winter Coat for Toddlers

Either that or a

Carseat with Elastic Straps To Fit Any Outfit Your Toddler Wears

Am I the only one out there who is super frustrated with buckling their child in during the winter months? I'm fed up with it!! Just this week this problem left me (and my fresh "once a week" done hair) out in a rainstorm for about 3 to 5 minutes.

After coming up with these brilliant ideas, I came up with several other frustrating moments in motherhood that one could capitalize on.

First of all, we need...

A Crib Sheet That Can Be Put On Without Removal of The Crib Bumper

I choose to have a bumper because my children like to ram their tiny heads into the bars on the side of the crib without them, and while I know that the bumper is only on the crib for a short while (I take them down at about 10 or 11 months when they can be used as stepping stools to get out of the crib), this would really make changing dirty sheets on the crib so much easier.

And while I'm at it...

A Vacuum-Like Contraption To Pick Up Tiny Toys

Ok. My sister came up with this one years ago when her boys started playing with legos, and she kept stepping on and finding tiny ones all over the house. My contraption would mainly be for Polly Pockets and Squinkie Toys, as I have girls who don't do legos, but I am so tired of picking up these little toys one by one and would pay top dollar for something to make it a little easier on myself.

I know that I should be the one making millions off these ideas for moms, but the ironic thing is that I AM a mom and don't have time. So if someone wants to take one of my ideas and make millions off it, go for it. I won't sue. I'll most likely just buy them from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment