Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Gift to You

WARNING: I've got baby on the brain and very few hours of sleep so this post reflects my current circumstance.

I've been adjusting to life with a newborn the past week or so. Although this isn't my first time around the block there are a few things I had forgotten about babies. Namely, how messy they are. Between spit up and blow outs it's a wonder I can keep this baby clothed throughout the day (confession: sometimes "clothed" means a diaper and being swaddled in a receiving blanket).

And what's more frustrating than taking the latest blow out clothing from the washer only to discover the stain was not removed? Well, actually a lot of things are more frustrating than that, but still, it's disheartening to either have gross stained clothes or to throw away clothing that's been worn once. But guess what? Those days are over. You, lucky readers are in for a real treat. A friend gave me a "recipe" that removes stains from your baby's clothes and blankets and I'm going to share it with you. (It's rumored that this even works on old stains, like ones that have been set after going through the dryer, but I haven't tested it out yet).

So here it is:

2 quarts hot water
1/4 cup dishwasher soap
1/2 cup clorox color safe bleach 2

Soak for 3 to 4 days. Yes DAYS. Since it's such a long soak I do it in a bucket so as not to occupy the sinks in our homes.
And that's it.

You can thank me later. Like in 3 to 4 days.

3 comments:

  1. Soaking in Oxi-Clean (or equivalent) works well too. I make a paste with that and laundry soap. I don't have babies at home though so I'll have to check back and see if anyone else tried your recipe and succeeded. Good luck with your little one and the blowups and outs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, really wishing we had the same products in Australia. And that I knew what a quart was. Luckily I do know what a cup is. Phew.

    ReplyDelete