Friday, January 13, 2012

May the beasts be with you!

Last week, we moved house. When we were packing, memories of our last home came flooding back.

Our last place was a one bedroom basement apartment with bright yellow walls, some blue curtains, some pink, and carpet that had been flooded more than once. Flash, huh? We lived there for two years.

At that house, my husband and I made a discovery. Beasts find me. Like chocolate finds a way to rest at your hips. Insects, spiders, rodents, they just want to be near me.

I have lots of proof.

I opened my wardrobe and noticed something black out of the corner of my eye at the bottom of the cupboard. It took a second to register, but a gigantic rat had decided to make the foot of my wardrobe his final resting place. Charmed, I'm sure.

I went into the bathroom, washed my face, and leaned toward my towel. I thank my lucky stars every day that I opened my eyes before putting my face into the towel or I would have been wearing a giant huntsman spider as a hat. Shudder…. Huntsman hat anyone?

I opened the kitchen pantry and a huge cockroach flew straight out toward my head. Right up in my grill. As delicious as I’m sure cockroaches are, I don’t think I want any on my dinner menu. Cockroach pie for dinner tonight, honey!

I’ll give you three guesses why I decided not to call that place home forever.

Yep. You got it in one.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the Huntsman spider story... Then I googled huntsman spider because I had no idea what it was. Yeah, I'm glad you opened your eyes before you put your face in that towel too. YIKES.

    ReplyDelete