Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lost Art

I think I’m part of the first generation that stopped concerning themselves with penmanship in school (why write when every assignment is typed), and it’s a good thing too because it is the only subject I have ever failed.

Seriously, I failed penmanship in first grade. I was devastated. What are the standards for first grade penmanship anyway? I’m sure I did better than all the boys in the class…

Which brings me to my next point (kind of). I have no idea what my husband’s handwriting looks like.

Last month I entered all of my mother in-law’s recipes into a program. She could tell from the handwriting who wrote it (mother, sister, or neighbor) and at what time in their life. This is a real talent folks.

And then I got to thinking about how if I absolutely had to, I couldn’t pick out my husband’s from a line-up. For the past six years we’ve texted, e-mailed, g-chatted, and even talked in person face-to-face, but I probably have seen his handwriting only five times (all on valentine’s/birthday/anniversary cards).

...And that is all I have to say about that. Can anyone relate?

No comments:

Post a Comment