Thursday, January 5, 2012

As Seen on TV

The things people buy. It's incredible, really. Here are three of the, in my opinion, stranger products out there.

1) The Obama Chia Pet. When I first saw the commercial for this I thought it was a Saturday Night Live skit, but it's for real. I'll be the first to admit that Chia Pets are pretty awesome. I myself was an owner of the Chia Pet sheep once, but an Obama Chia pet - now that's just silly.

2) Bump-its. First of all, I thought big hair was kind of out of style - unless you're from the South, Utah County, or a polygamist. I suppose that might be a big enough audience to sell it. It's unfortunate, though, that a product out there is supporting the bad hairstlye - a real disservice to the community. Side story: one time I was at a church in Hawaii. The lady I sat next to asked me where I was from. I told her I was from Utah. She looked at me with a confused expression and then said, in all seriousness, "but your hair's not big!"

3) Snuggies. Does it bother anyone else when someone has a strange idea and they make a ton of money and you have a million (or at least one) really good ideas but you know it would never take off? That's how I feel about snuggies. A blanket with sleeves. A very popular gift and all it is is a blanket with sleeves. And I secretly want one.

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen the new one that is pretty much a footy pajama with a hood? It makes the snuggy look stylish.

    ReplyDelete