Thursday, December 22, 2011
What I Love About Winter
I may be alone in my affection for the cold, snowy weather that is winter but, really, there are a lot of perks to this often disliked season:
1) Since you have to wear pants and socks for months on end there is no pressure to shave your legs or paint your toe nails.
2) You have a good excuse to stay at home, indoors all day long. If you do that during the summer you come across as boring. Which I am, but I don't like everyone to know it.
3) No need to feel bad about your sickly looking, pasty white skin since no one is tan. Well, that's not true, some people are tan, but then you know it's fake and you don't feel quite so bad.
4) Since you are most likely dressing in layers you can let yourself go a little bit.
5) No yard maintenance because, happily, not even weeds grow in the winter. And thank goodness to that, because so far that's all I have growing in my flower beds.
6) You can run other errands after you go grocery shopping since your milk isn't likely to go bad in the 25 degree weather.
7) Suddenly watching movies isn't something you do because you can't think of anything better to do, it's just simply something to do.
8) All of the great winter activities: skiing, sledding, snowshoeing, snowman building, etc.
9) The amount of flies you have to kill goes down drastically (okay I'm stretching a bit here, but I wanted 10 items in my list so I had to come up with something).
10) Dogs start wearing sweaters. That's always funny.