Friday, December 16, 2011

The 'Gross' Category

It’s not because I’m special. We all have them. We don’t enjoy having them for the most part. They hurt us, make us laugh, cry, and hide ourselves in closets semi permanently. Sometimes we wish we could go back in time and change just one tiny thing so that we didn’t have to have them. But sadly we don’t have that luxury.

What am I talking about?

Unpleasant mothering moments.

I had one of these special moments today. I almost don’t want to tell you about it because it’s so gross. But that’s what seems to make a good story. Humans are weird. We believe a good story consists of someone embarrassing or hurting themselves or doing something gross. This one fits the ‘gross’ category.

It was bath time. Every good story starts like that. I undressed my ten month old and walked behind him as he crawled up the stairs toward the bathroom. I closed the baby gate at the top of the stairs, walked into the bathroom, and began to fill up the bath. When I returned five seconds later, I found him and… well... let’s just call it a large, chocolate colored present dotted down the hall toward the bathroom and the child’s hand reaching toward it.

How did I react? Within three seconds, my thoughts went from ‘GROSSSSS!!’ to ‘Don’t touch it!’ to ‘HAHAHAHA’ to ‘TAKE A PICTURE.’ It’s funny how your thoughts can go so fast in these moments. So naturally, I took a picture :)

Don’t worry. I’m not going to show you. Instead, here is a happy collage of pictures that will not violate your eyes. And hopefully distract you from that horrible mental image.

You’re welcome.

1 comment:

  1. They're just darling, aren't they ? Cute post. : )

    ReplyDelete