Thursday, December 15, 2011

The End is Near

Don't worry, I'm not talking about the end of the world, because in all truthfulness I don't know when that will be. Rather, I'm talking about the end of my pregnancy...just a few more weeks to go. And it's getting obvious, not just by my wide girth, but other things as well.
1) My toes feel like sausages. How do I know how it would feel to have sausages on the ends of my feet instead of actual toes? Well, I guess I don't, but when my toes start retaining water, widen to an unearthly size, and refuse to fit into anything besides slippers, I like to compare them to ground up meat stuffed into a casing.
2) I am physically very unfit. I was bringing up some baby items from our basement and I had to stop halfway up the staircase to rest. In my defense it was my 3rd time up the stairs. Of course, that still sounds pathetic.
3) I'm a slob. My typical day includes changing out of oversized t-shirts and pajama bottoms into oversized t-shirts and sweat pants. Gotta look good for the hubby.
4) I have no second thoughts about what I eat. I've reached the point in my weight gaining that I think "eh, what's another 10 pounds?" before I eat a second piece of cake. I actually quite enjoy this stage.
5) I've lost perception of how big I actually am. I was in the kitchen the other day preparing something to put in the oven. Unbeknownst to me, my big belly turned one of our gas burners on leaking gas into the kitchen. Luckily my husband came into the house shortly after and noticed it or I would have been an accomplice to my own death.
6) I cry at the drop of a hat. Seriously, I dropped my hat the other day and burst into tears. Okay, not really, but I felt like crying while watching the new Footloose movie. If you've seen it you're probably racking your brain trying to figure out which scene made me almost cry. Even I don't really know.
7) The list goes on and on, I'm sure but that's another sign of the impending end. I can't remember a thing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm racking my brain trying to figure out why you were even watching the new footloose movie :) You can do it Kase! Don't let those sausage toes get the best of you!

    ReplyDelete