Thursday, December 8, 2011

Brotherly Love


In a few short weeks our happy home of three will become a happy (hopefully) home of four. However, this happiness is not to be ensured as the baby will be introducing a new role in our family: The Sibling (**dun dun dun**).

The reason for my concern is based loosely on myself. For the most part, I was a pretty awesome sibling, but I liked to tease. And this teasing led to mayhem. And this mayhem was not enjoyed by my parents. And now that I'm the parent I'm hoping my kids aren't like me (at least in the teasing department).

My younger brother and I fought the most. I quickly learned that he was claustrophobic, so my go to move was to throw a blanket over his head and sit on him. Mean. I like to think my maturity is the reason I outgrew that, and not the fact that he outgrew me by a foot. We fought so badly when we were younger that when we went on family vacations we had to take two cars so we could be separated. If that's not pathetic, I don't know what is.

When I was really young I used to bite my arm hard enough to put teeth marks on my skin, spray my face with water, and go "crying" to my dad that my older sister bit me. The few seconds that she was in trouble before my dad found out she was framed was worth it to me.

I tried to convince my youngest sister that she was adopted. The fact that I am 12 years older than her makes this downright shameful.

I could go on and on, but I won't. Instead I'll be proactive and start praying for a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment